Everyone must have had a long conversation on WhatsApp. You may have wondered what the first message you sent or received was, whether it was a casual chat with a friend or a professional conversation with a colleague. Although, the easiest way to see the first message on WhatsApp is by scrolling. You need to keep scrolling until you get to the first message, but that isn’t a practical option at times since scrolling is simply impossible with people you have had a very long conversation with.
In this article, we have come up with a few detailed guides to help you put a full stop to your curiosity with information on how to go to the first or old message in WhatsApp Chat without scrolling. Here are a few methods you can try to go to the first message in WhatsApp chat.
5 Ways to See First or Old Message on WhatsApp Without Scrolling
There are various ways to see the first or old message on WhatsApp without scrolling. This article lists all the ways to head to the first WhatsApp message without scrolling the chat.
1. Try to Search for the Words of the First WhatsApp Message
This is the easiest and fastest method to reach the top of any WhatsApp conversation. You can guess why you started chatting with a person or the topic you shared the first message about for this method to be useful. Here’s how to do it-
- Open WhatsApp and then open the chat whose first message you want to check.
- Tap on the three dots and then tap on Search.
- Type the word you think you might have said in your first message (like Hi, Hello, etc.).
- This will show you all the messages, including the first one, if the searched word is correct.
2. Using an Automatic Scrolling App
It is inconvenient to keep scrolling while finding the first message you shared in a WhatsApp conversation, especially when a chat is too long. There are various automatic scrolling apps that you will find on the Play Store (for Android ) or App Store (for iOS). You can follow these apps to scroll the WhatsApp chat and reach the top of the chat-
- Download any Automatic Scrolling App.
- Launch the app on your mobile phone.
- You will get the auto-scrolling option every time you open a WhatsApp chat.
- This method starts scrolling your Whatsapp chat automatically at your selected speed.
- You will reach the top of the conversation in a couple of seconds.
3. Using the Export Feature on WhatsApp
The export chat feature is another way to effortlessly reach the top of your conversation without scrolling your WhatsApp messages. This is how you can do it-
- Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile.
- Select the conversation whose first message you want to see.
- Tap on the three dots in the right-uppermost corner.
- Tap on More and then the Export Chat option.
- Next, tap on Without Media to export the chat without media. Select the Include Media option if you want to export chat with media.
- From the available save options, select Drive or iCloud.
- Now select the account for Drive and set the location where you want to chat to be saved. Tap on Save to save the chat.
- Now, launch the Drive or the iCloud on your device.
- Open the file you just saved. This will open the file with the default text editor of Google Drive/iCloud. You can either download the file on your phone or PC and open it with a text editor like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, etc.
- When you open the file with the text editor, you will always be at the top of the chat, so you will know the first message you sent or received.
4. Using the Media Option
This trick will be very effortless if you have media files in your chat conversation from the initial days. You just need to follow these simple steps to see the first message of WhatsApp chat without much scrolling with this method-
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open the conversation whose first message you want to see.
- Tap on the name of the person at the top of the conversation.
- Next, tap on Media, links, and docs.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Media section.
- Open the first media file of the WhatsApp conversation.
- Go to the three dots in the right-upper-most corner and then tap on the Show in chat option.
- This will open the first media you sent in the chat.
If you started your conversation with the photo or video or sent a media soon after your chat, this will lead you to that point. You can then scroll up on the chat to see your first chat. This way, you won’t have to scroll too much, and you will get to the first message on WhatsApp.
5. Checking Starred Messages
If you anticipate having an extended conversation with someone, mark their initial message as a favorite in advance. This way, you can easily locate their messages without scrolling to the top whenever you need to find an older or first WhatsApp message. For individuals you’ve previously conversed with, refer to your list of starred messages and select the earliest one for quick access.
If you have a very long chat with someone on WhatsApp and, for some reason, you want to get to the top of the chat to know the first message you sent, then you will have to endlessly scroll the WhatsApp chat. If you want to see the first or old message on WhatsApp without scrolling, this article should help you. Out of all the methods listed in this article, the best one is to export the chat and then read it through a text editor.
1. Can I Access My Favourite Messages from Multiple Chats in One Place?
Yes, WhatsApp provides a feature that lets you view all your favorite messages in one place. You can access this by going to the main menu of WhatsApp by tapping on three dots at the top right corner, selecting Starred Messages, and you’ll see a list of all the messages you’ve starred across different chats.
2. How Do I Star Or Favourite a Message On WhatsApp?
Starring or marking a message as favorite on WhatsApp is simple. Just tap and hold the message you want to mark as a favorite. A menu will appear at the top, and you can select the Star option to star the message and set it as a favorite. The message will then be saved and can be easily accessed from the chat’s main menu.
3. What if I Want to Access an Older Message in a Lengthy WhatsApp conversation?
If you need to retrieve an older message in a lengthy chat, you can avoid scrolling by starring the message. By marking the message as a favorite, it becomes easy to find and reference, eliminating the need to scroll through numerous messages. Moreover, you can use the options to export chat or access the old message using the media option.
MORE FROM THE BLOG